PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring my dads little Honda Z50R, and I am currently rebuilding the carburetor. I am having trouble trying to get the two jets out of the carburetor, I have tried looking around on google and YouTube but have had no luck. Any suggestions should help tremendously!!! For anyone wondering what year it is, it’s a 1981 Z50R
BBF0BD56-2A3B-4EFA-AB92-3EAED13239E6.jpeg

·
Registered
164 Posts
only the main jet comes out if the carbs are the same as crf50s

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The main yet is already out as far as I can see. It is supposed to be screwed into a needle jet which is screwed into the big hole in the middle.
You can't take the idle jet(to the right) out. Poke it through with a thin wire and blow it out.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Those idle jets...pilot jet...whatever you want to call them...
The ones in these little carburetors have super tiny holes thru them. It's hard to find a wire small enough sometimes. If you have one of these little toothbrush kinda wire brushes, you could try a wire from that.
IMG_20210606_133309136.jpg

It's a PITA to have to pull the carb to clean it over and over. While your carb is off...just go ahead and clean it 3 or 4 times. Whatever it takes to be ABSOLUTELY certain that it's clean.
You have to put the time in. If you hurry it...cut any corners...you'll be doing it again the hard way.

When it's clean...you should be able to spray carb cleaner into ANY hole, and see it EXIT out Tru a different hole. If you don't see it coming out...something is still plugged up.

Please wear some safety glasses when you start spraying that carb cleaner...it's really easy to spray yourself right in the eye.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i do the same thing with the wire brush works great

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The main yet is already out as far as I can see. It is supposed to be screwed into a needle jet which is screwed into the big hole in the middle.
You can't take the idle jet(to the right) out. Poke it through with a thin wire and blow it out.
I have not taken any thing out of the carburetor besides the float and a screw that was next to it covered in very old gas. I think there could be a possibility that the main jet doesn’t come out like the pilot jet, but I can be completely wrong considering this is my first time taking apart this type of carburetor.

·
Super Moderator
10,367 Posts
The main jet is removable, whether it is the old-style press-fit or the newer threaded style. Try cleaning the main jet area with some carb or contact cleaner and a nylon bristle brush, so we can see that area better, and post some pics of it, if you don't mind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The idle jet on most carbs can be cleaned with the little E string on a guitar. The wire should be .010". Clip a usable length, spray carb cleaner on the jet and poke the wire through. Don't go at it like a horny teenager, just poke through and blow carb cleaner through the jet.

Tt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts