PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this scooter last summer and just recently started looking it over. The top end was crusted from the carb down to the piston rings.

Not long ago I ordered an 88cc kit from weblike with some other stuff for my zfiddys. So I got the top end off, but the stator cover is being stubborn.

All bolts are removed and it?s pulled away from the case... but something is holding it on. It?s almost like the magnet is holding it back? I tried prying on it with a screwdriver carefully without any luck.

Anyone know what?s up with this cover?

Attachments

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This morning I ordered a new battery,solenoid, rectifier, seat cover, side covers, rear sprocket,new throttle tube, and points. It was surprisingly not very expensive.

I got the bike with title for $100.00 and the 88cc kit on sale for 180.00. The fuel tank is like new inside. I?m hoping to get it up n running soon.

What would be the best sprocket combo with my 88cc kit and stock c70 wheels?

Are these electric start Honda?s pretty reliable? This one came from a bike collector, it was kept indoors for some time. It was layed down on the left side and cracked the white wind screen.

Attachments

· Administrator
11,216 Posts
Does your flywheel have external threads? Is it possible for you to use a metric thread pitch gauge to determine the thread pitch? And possibly the outside diameter where the puller would thread onto?

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ll have to double check the stator threads, I took a time out on this project for a min.

I’m not sure if the exhaust will be in the way of the kicker, it was originally for my gorilla bike. If it was designed for the z50 it should work on a 70 just the same?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.