PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I decided to buy a '79 Honda 50. Up until this past Saturday it would start on the first kick, but for some reason the engine will only turn when I kick it and won't start. I've let the bike sit for several hours between each attempt of trying to start the bike as not to flood the carb. I am not very knowledgeable about mini bikes or motorcycles as this is my first time owning one, but any suggestions as to how to fix this issue would be appreciated. I took a video of the current state of the bike if it helps:

· Registered
1,579 Posts
Try putting a little gasoline into the spark plug hole then kick it. If if fires and runs for a few seconds, you have a fuel problem...clogged carb or fuel line maybe. If it still wont fire it's probably a electrical or timing issue. Be careful not to overtighten the spark plug or you'll strip out the threads.

· Registered
1 Posts
^^^x2. The key thing to remember is you need fuel, air and spark. While you have the spark plug out, connect the plug back into the boot, ground it out against the engine and, while kicking over the motor, see if you get a nice spark. This will confirm fire. Report back on the fuel/spark tests.

· Registered
180 Posts
Do you have enough gas in the tank? Is the kill switch switched to run? Not trying to insult you by suggesting such simple things, but everyone misses one of those little things from time to time. How does the spark plug look? For 3 bucks, it might be worth replacing it anyways. Both Kirrbby and pman have good info. Hopefully you get er going!

Aaron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.