PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, almost done! Got a few parts to put on: back brake (still have to straighten it!), kick starter, front sprocket, chain, shifter, carb drain hose, and give the gas tank one more cleaning. Once I get it running, we are gonna drive it to the beach to take some pictures.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
nice and neat !, how did you get back the wheels so shinny ?
Hey jucli! Actually, the wheels are the most disappointing part of the restoration. I sanded the wheels down and painted them but the paint started to flake off as I bolted the rims back together. I tried to sort of repaint the bad spots, but if you look closely, you can see tons of imperfections. Eventually I will need to redo them and I think I will just powder coat them.

Also, the bike is running really rich. It was bored to a 70cc and does not run well at all. I moved the needle to the leanest position but then it became to lean. The idle screw does not make a difference at all, and the air screw seems to be the only thing that can slow the idle down. The carb is rebuilt but I am pretty sure I need to get a leaner main jet. Any reccomendations?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts