PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, almost done! Got a few parts to put on: back brake (still have to straighten it!), kick starter, front sprocket, chain, shifter, carb drain hose, and give the gas tank one more cleaning. Once I get it running, we are gonna drive it to the beach to take some pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
nice and neat !, how did you get back the wheels so shinny ?
Hey jucli! Actually, the wheels are the most disappointing part of the restoration. I sanded the wheels down and painted them but the paint started to flake off as I bolted the rims back together. I tried to sort of repaint the bad spots, but if you look closely, you can see tons of imperfections. Eventually I will need to redo them and I think I will just powder coat them.

Also, the bike is running really rich. It was bored to a 70cc and does not run well at all. I moved the needle to the leanest position but then it became to lean. The idle screw does not make a difference at all, and the air screw seems to be the only thing that can slow the idle down. The carb is rebuilt but I am pretty sure I need to get a leaner main jet. Any reccomendations?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Okay Fellas, need your help!!!!! I have the original light switch. No high low, just on/off. The new lights are from Honda- oem. What wire go together? Back light works great. The blue and brown that are together go to the generator. The other brown one goes to light switch.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Harness red to harness brown. The other brown from the harness goes to either switch wire. The remaining switch wire hooks to headlight blue. Green headlight wire to harness green. I suspect the blue wire was added so that both filaments in the headlight could be hooked up. No need to do that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Harness red to harness brown. The other brown from the harness goes to either switch wire. The remaining switch wire hooks to headlight blue. Green headlight wire to harness green. I suspect the blue wire was added so that both filaments in the headlight could be hooked up. No need to do that.
You are the effing man!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! Works great! Will drink some beer in your honor!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Happy to help! I did not mention it, but the extra blue wire should be taped off, as it is hot.
Hmm. I did not have any extra wires!! One of the wires (I forgot which one) had a double hook up, which I didn't notice before. So, in the end, all wires are attached.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts