PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So, just to follow up. The stock main jet on the 78 Z50 is a #58. I tried the #60, #65, and the #70 with the bike. The #60 worked the best. With the #60 and the aftermarket filter, the bike ran about the same: air/fuel almost all the way in ran the best. Slow take off but revved out okay. At about 3/4 held steady the bike kind of slightly cut in and out. Not bad but weird. The odd part was that I put the choke on about 1/3 from off and the bike ran better. Almost like the bike ran better with a bit less air coming through. The plug was brown on the electrode tip so that was good.

Any reason the bike would run better with the choke partly on? I am about to just call it good. Nothing else really to change.

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Having to use the choke to smooth it out is usually indicative of a partially clogged pilot jet circuit. Since the pilot jet is non-removable, you might want to try an ultrasonic dip to thoroughly clean out the internal passageways.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Having to use the choke to smooth it out is usually indicative of a partially clogged pilot jet circuit. Since the pilot jet is non-removable, you might want to try an ultrasonic dip to thoroughly clean out the internal passageways.
Okay, will check that out! Thanks!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts