PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 77 XR75 project that HAD spark, I pulled the flywheel to check the timing, reinstalled the flywheel, and now I have no spark.

This bike did not have a kill switch installed when I bought it.

I used my direct voltage adapter to measure volts at the harness, but I don't know what minimum voltage is acceptable, and my manual does not have specs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
15 Posts
Under normal circumstances, the flywheel needs to remain installed to check & adjust ignition timing. Access to fasteners for the points and the backing plate is available through oval openings in the side of the flywheel.

Regarding lack of spark. Are the points closing & opening?

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 77 XR75 project that HAD spark, I pulled the flywheel to check the timing, reinstalled the flywheel, and now I have no spark.

This bike did not have a kill switch installed when I bought it.

I used my direct voltage adapter to measure volts at the harness, but I don't know what minimum voltage is acceptable, and my manual does not have specs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have a 77 xr75 with no spark but the stator makes power the wire lights my test light up and shocked the socks off me but nothing past the stator wire new coil same problem as well I could use alittle advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.