PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son found this bike, could someone explain the ignition system to me. 3 wires coming from stator, 1 black to ignition coil 2 white just cut off.
1. No spark, only getting 5 volts AC from the black wire that feeds ignition coil while spinning engine with a drill at 1500rpm. On DC it shows - 0.4.
2. The other 2 white wires I assume are for the charging coil, do they have any impact on ignition?
3. next to the flywheel is a little brass spring loaded wire connector, what is its purpose?

Looks like previous owner soldered in a new condenser but no idea if it is any good . Am i right in thinking the stator coil supplys AC voltage through the condenser and points then to ignition coil.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive lighting

Thanks for any help

· Administrator
11,224 Posts
Click HERE for the schematic for the '77-'79 XL75 for you, I'd have to say that a previous owner has had their hands on the stator plate wiring. The schematic tells you what color wires come from the stator.
The spring/wire connector is for the neutral indicator light
BTW, you are spinning the flywheel counterclockwise with the drill, correct?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.