PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a new project bike. I usually mess with Hondas, but this one is a bit different. A 1972 Suzuki RV90, "Rover." It has been off the road for nearly 30 years and could use some serious love. The engine is now running, but there are some serious problems; every ounce of electrical that is not necessary to keep the bike running has cut out or disconnected. No headlight, no blinkers, and the choke cable is missing. I have scoured all over the internet and have found very little about these odd little bikes. I have been considerting removing the old 2-smoke (and keeping it if I ever wanted to take it back to original) and replacing it with a Lifan 125cc. Does anyone have any experience with a swap like this? I know a lot of people swap the lifan into all sorts of old Honda's, but I haven't heard much about an RV90 swap. I am not planning on doing a full restoration, I just want to get the bike back on the road. If you know anything about a lifan in a RV90 let me know!

Yes, I know, I am posting this in a Honda thread...

·
Registered
3 Posts
cool bike! I REALLY like the fat tires. I don't see any reason why a lifan, etc wouldn't fit in there nicely! I say GO FOR IT! (y):cool:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Skyteam even made a sort of copy of this, the t-rex 50/125. May be a good source for a wiring loom for the rv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts