PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I'm back, this time with a CT70, just picked it up this morning, when the dude said $500, I said SOLD, think I will leave the original paint, even the handlebars are straight.:) Tag says 4/71, 1091 miles and the speedo is working, original tires, think I will redo rims, replace rubber, polish chrome, new seat cover and see how it turns out. I will need a new exhaust. Don't know much about the CT70, so any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Buddy

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Wow, killer deal! That paint does look original, and that chrome should polish out. They are a lot of fun, and a great bike for people to learn on, but you can hot-rod them up too. Your plan to keep it original with new rubber is a good one. Though it is kind of a chore, replacing the fuel lines is highly recommended. When one of these starts leaking gas from inside the frame, it is unstoppable till you pull the tank.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear people talk about silvertags, would this be early enough and how would you tell? Thanks. Buddy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, now I know what a silver tag is, I will start my search for an exhaust, would rather have original than aftermarket, might have to save up for that.:LOL: Who has the best seat cover? my foam and pad are in good shape, only a small hole in the original cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts