PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10,051 Posts
That's Jan Harde's bike. At the current time, the supercharger doesn't work, as it doesn't have the drive system.

Secondly, the motor doesn't have enough volumetric efficiency to gain from that poorly designed supercharger that never hit the market. A guy in Vegas (Bobby Rosenfeld) developed that supercharger, and it never worked worth a stink, and he only made 3-4 for people that had more money then brains. Bobby then got out of the market and has since gotten out of the vintage z50 scene. This has been 5 years ago or more.

Thirdly, it's not a 1969 k1 Z50, it's a 6V points style motor in a 12V Honda Monkey frame he pieced together.

Lastly, Jan doesn't do any of his own work, he farms out everything and merely bolts stuff together. I don't think he even knows how to work on his own motors.

monkeybike.com is Jan's site, and he's a huge collector that I would never, ever have anything to do with again. See how much he wants for vintage parts and you'll know what I'm talking about. He purchases parts from Honda that are still available from Honda, and sells them on Ebay as NOS obsolete parts for a huge markup. People that don't know any better pay a huge premium thinking the parts are hard to come by. I see this as poor for the vintage community.

You can learn alot about the CZ100's, Z50M's and JDM stuff, but lately he's been selling bikes, since his disability checks are running out.

Back on the subject here, if you want a paperweight that looks cool on your wall, build that bike because it's all show and no go.

Just one man's opinion...

· Registered
949 Posts
I retract all previously stated statements, but yeah it would go nice on the wall in the living room

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.