PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just got this one the other day. The mfg plate on the neck is in bad shape the # under the motor is z50AE 128648.... Every thing that I read seems to be an 1969 however the rear (long) fender is throwing me. I have not seen anything with that long chrome fender. However it seems like the rear light is actually mounted to it(maybe mod) It also has the batt box.

This is my 1st one and I already am addicted to the mini z's. Please help me with any info and or help you could give???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ya that rear fender does look longer than stock, a former owner could have added it to keep thier backside dry from wet roads

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Looks to me like a parts mix-n-match, like maybe a K1 model (1969-70-ish) with maybe a K2 (1971-ish) rear fender on it. Actual K2 bikes had oval tank badges (yours look round, like a K0 or K1) and a rear foot brake.

You can look up the motor number here in PM's Z50 forum...there's a sticky called Z50 tech resources, and in that there's a motor # id chart, among other useful things.

More pics, please?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just picked up a K2 model the other day. Somewhere along the way, somebody hacked the longer rear fender down to mimick a K0-K1. If you decide to find an original fender someday, I'd be interested in the longer rear on yours. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts