PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
the CC'S dont change when you add a head. 160 with a v2 would still be a 160. but 160 with a stroker would be something else...

·
Banned
1 Posts
My 8" Z50 is pretty spooky with a 195. Wouldn't have it any other way;)

You don't state what use the bike will see, but if it's for the dirt, you'd likely go a lot faster with less motor. Short wheelbase and tiny tires don't work well with big HP. Now, on asphalt, you can have a BALL:)

Even on a 12" bike, some of the big motors I've built needed detuned, to keep from busting the tire loose on jump faces, in any gear. Makes the landings a little rough...

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
We have a few guys running 184cc V2 "works" engine builds in 10" bikes.

But also have had guys pull YX160cc out in favor of YX140cc in 10" bikes.

You may want to see how it works out for your bike at 160cc first and build up to suite your style and conditions.

·
Registered
178 Posts
there are times when my stock z155 feels way more than enough on 12" wheels, and there are times were i cant wait to throw big power into it.

so as stated, it all depends on what you are using it for.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Yea im one of those guys with a 184V2 in my CRF with 10" tires. I road race it so its not to much.. Its a lot but not to much.. I do have a XR70 swinger and its almost to short.. A good 2" over rear swinger arm makes it a lot easier to ride hard over a stock swingarm... And with only being 2" longer you still can turn on a dime.. In the dirt playing around on trails good but racing it might be hard in the dirt on 10s... The track we raced on last week had a 1/8 mile straight.. I was running a 17/33 gearing and was tapped out before the end.. It was a blast I think thats somewhere near 80mph or a little faster?? Could have used a 18th up front got one comeing from Terry now... ( wheres that MPH calculator at lol)

·
Registered
96 Posts
taz69 said:
Yea im one of those guys with a 184V2 in my CRF with 10" tires. I road race it so its not to much.. Its a lot but not to much.. I do have a XR70 swinger and its almost to short.. A good 2" over rear swinger arm makes it a lot easier to ride hard over a stock swingarm... And with only being 2" longer you still can turn on a dime.. In the dirt playing around on trails good but racing it might be hard in the dirt on 10s... The track we raced on last week had a 1/8 mile straight.. I was running a 17/33 gearing and was tapped out before the end.. It was a blast I think thats somewhere near 80mph or a little faster?? Could have used a 18th up front got one comeing from Terry now... ( wheres that MPH calculator at lol)

you crazy man ;) LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
starting from 150 stock you can build a 170 with 53 crank and 185 with 57 crank. before i use a daytona stage 3 (race cam, high pressure piston) and yx is faster in all. difference between 185 and 170 is in caracter, first one is a little bit powerfull but second one is more nervous and relly fast to take high rpm. works good in my opinion

1 - 10 of 10 Posts