PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good writeup on how to install this kit? The last time I tried, oil was coming out of the side and I snapped an engine stud. I don't want this to happen again but I don't want to bring it to the shop to blow my money there cuz they will rip me off. Please don't refer to dano's either because yes I have seen it but it does not specialize on the gpx in terms of dowels, rings, and other stuff. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
RcWannabe said:
Invest in the recent issue of mini moto that has Mc on the cover it has a complete thorough step by step for the trail bikes 146 kit on a gpx.

Any chance of someone scanning that in somewhere as we dont all live in the State. Now that would be Great.

Expecting my kit before the weekend:)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RcWannabe said:
Invest in the recent issue of mini moto that has Mc on the cover it has a complete thorough step by step for the trail bikes 146 kit on a gpx.

Wow, that would be real nice to have. Never knew about this mag. If someone can scan it or if not where can I buy just that issue?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
X7rocks said:
and i did all that.....three times even with some gasket sealer still leaks oil

I feel your pain. I got pissed becuase it was leaking oil and tightened it too much and then broke the stud but that sucks cracking a case. Looks like your gunna have to buy a new case but so do I to fix my engine. Lol I got so sick of it I bought a new engine so hopefully I can do it right this time. I found someone to help me with the install so I should be riding again soon after like 2 months of waiting.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
damn same here ben waiting 2 months for the bike to get running after finding a big valve head

but its the side engine bolt the one near the bolt of the cam gear that broke and gonna try jb weld like someone said

tell me how you get it to stop leaking cuase i need this motor working soon i gotta race a honda TRX250EX

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
X7rocks said:
damn same here ben waiting 2 months for the bike to get running after finding a big valve head

but its the side engine bolt the one near the bolt of the cam gear that broke and gonna try jb weld like someone said

tell me how you get it to stop leaking cuase i need this motor working soon i gotta race a honda TRX250EX

Once I do install it and everything works as it should and doens't leak oil I'll write what I did differently the second time to stop it from leaking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.