PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally decided to take the leap into a China engine. I'm going to go ahead and build a BVH 146.

I have a lot of other plans for this engine later down the road so I'm not going to do a lot of work right now. This will just be top end stuff, I'm not even removing the clutch cover and I'm debating even taking off the ignition cover. That is, until it destroys something internal of course. 57mm tb cylinder, Akunar piston, z40 cam, PE28 carb, and Lifan BVH heavily massaged. I figure it's the growing trend so I might as well join the group and see what the fuss is about. When it's all said and done I'll have less than $800 in the complete engine. Yes, that is including the cost I have in initial Ti valves which I modify, springs, seats, guides, cylinder, piston, cam, head, and even initial engine. I don't charge myself labor so I don't have to worry about that. I do have to say I love that fact... A complete 146 setup for the cost of an 88+R top end only.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Cyclerider glad to hear your going to do this build. I wiil be very curious to see what kind of power you get. I was a little disappointed with my numbers untill I got to see it on the race track thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Not sure if you have looked at it already, I am doing a lifan 120 right now with 57mm akunar does the tb cylinder and akunar piston match up correctly menaing piston to wall clearance etc?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be my guest... 30/24.5 valves

I got the head a long long time ago for $70. Ti valves that I modify $40. Cylinder $50. Piston $60. I got the new Jialing (GPX) for $285 shipped. The only thing that was previously used was the head. It's amazing the money you save when you just buy random crap when it's a good deal. Plus, doing all the work myself saves $$$$. I'll have less in my head than an SGR head.

Thanks Dom, I think I've got everything settled in for this engine but who knows I may be buying more stuff before long. I'll keep you in mind. Example: I've got an Akunar 60mm piston but I'll probably be getting another sometime. Maybe down the line I'll get a hold of you about one of those new Lifans.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliments.

STAGGSgoodwin Racing said:
oh what will this build be put into?

No idea. lol. I've got 6 chassis with engines already in them and over 10 extra engine projects going on right now. All that and only one chassis without an engine in it. Well two, but my as soon as I finish my buddies the engine goes back in his chassis and it leaves. The other 7 chassis stay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It can trash the bottom end. lol. I don't care about tranny like I do important components that go on top.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
HACKMUNCH said:
if you do end up riding a bike with this engine in it your clutch will look like this! tore off about 12 teeth on the clutch and a few on the primary gear on the crank.

Yah whats up with that ^ ,i did that too with a least 12 teeth missing,is there any way to keep this from happening?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.