PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Depends on the size of your riders. Funny you ask cuz just the other day me and my friend drag raced a few times. He was on a 110 with the 138 r stroked, he weighs about 200 and i am on a crf 70 with 146 gpx build by cat 5 and weigh 135. We were dead even up to forth gear and ran out of room. I def had the weight advantage. Equal size riders the 138 would def win.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
roosterr1 said:
Depends on the size of your riders. Funny you ask cuz just the other day me and my friend drag raced a few times. He was on a 110 with the 138 r stroked, he weighs about 200 and i am on a crf 70 with 146 gpx build by cat 5 and weigh 135. We were dead even up to forth gear and ran out of room. I def had the weight advantage. Equal size riders the 138 would def win.

true dat ^^^^^^^^^

And as for the original question I have a feeling the 110 will probaly smoke it because it will put more power to the ground than the x3 and it has more power than the 146 anyway.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
rider weight plays a big part in pitbikes .

as far as the hole shot question it's all about reaction time , the fastest bike won't win if the rider is sleeping on the line.

but i'd go with a 138+r as the winner.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
The 155+R is awesome, but it also depends on how built the 146 is.Theres a couple different 146 kits and alot of other stuff that can be done.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Heres what you do. order just a 146 TB (57mm)cyclinder from AHP i think there $100 shipped, order a 57mm Akunar piston for Staggs, 2 (120)Lifan Base gaskets and 1 58mm/1mm copper head gasket from Dratv.com(120 lifan also) Get a BV Lifan head port it w/Z40 cam,port match the 26mm intake to the head. Get an aluminum oil sling ($40) and have AHP lighten the flywheel.

This engine will be pretty competitive with your buddies engine.You can do all that for around $700 to 800

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last night me and some buddys went to racetown 395 there were some fast riders out there on there 110s 143 se 155 R stage stuff tricked 110s. so my buddy j (Staggs) was all i wounder how my 146 would do at gate with them so we lined him up with the 138 with crank r stage motor,( this guy was fast but mostly due to his motor) gate drop dead even j started to pull him coming up to the first turn out of the gate j had pulled out in front. the guy on the 110 stoped and said the F***er is fast!! lol so theres my story i saw a chinness motor hole shot a built 155 2500/ 3k grand motor.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
J was running his 146 kit with his sgr race head with a stock carb on pump gas. no oil sling no inner rottor, no lighten fly wheel.

Just the 146 kit with a head.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The reason behind stroking a crank is to achieve maximum acceleration and low end torque... You actually lose torque on top end due to the piston traveling farther up and down in the cylinder. Undercarbing a Big Bore??? Sounds like excessive heat and a short life on the motor build.

Just my cents worth.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Just for reference, I've pulled a hole shot against BBR and Xtreme riders on highly built machines at Englishtown on a 7hp 72cc motor... Sometimes it's just dumb luck. :p

(I've been on a couple tossed together 141 motors, I'm fully aware of how much yank they have, just had to toss that anecdote out there.)

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Kurlon said:
Just for reference, I've pulled a hole shot against BBR and Xtreme riders on highly built machines at Englishtown on a 7hp 72cc motor... Sometimes it's just dumb luck. :p

(I've been on a couple tossed together 141 motors, I'm fully aware of how much yank they have, just had to toss that anecdote out there.)
not to sound cocky. but the last few races there have been 124se,dohc motors ect and my x3 is a holeshot machine.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.