PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pitster does it again,, get ready for the Honda based 125 you have been waiting for,, Pitster will soon release a 125cc engine that is packed with all the high performance parts you would want and probably add to your engine to get great power!!

Here are a few sneak pics and specs,, this engine has a daytona style ignition for quicker revs (sorry no lighting) a close ratio trans ( just like the HO and Daytona engines) a super strong 54mm crank and connecting rod!

A large port and valve head with 27mm intake and 23 exhaust.

The cam that come standard is as close to a twin to the TB 300 !! as you can get.

The hgh compression piston is also a twin to the Tak piston and is a 54mm bore ! it uses a 69mm cylinder , but the larger stud pattern and the cylinder will bore to 57mm!

Finally a Honda style headed engine with all to good stuff and it WILL start in any gear.

These engines will smoke the current 140 engines right out of the box!

There will be a shipment of these in next week so get ready!!

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blackwoodz said:
Is it a class limit Pitster is going for here?
There are some sanctioning bodies that have a class limit, Also there seems to be a demand for HP Honda head smaller displacement engines.

yes they are 54x54 , very unique .

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ride1rob said:
Matt, how many ponies these motors putting out?
I have been messing with a preproduction version, but have not had a chance to really get in any dyno runs.

I can say it pull very hard and the close ratio trans helps keep it in the sweet spot!!

I am going to see if I can get a guy with a high dollar SE honda engined bike to drag race it and see how they stack up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Matified said:
I have been messing with a preproduction version, but have not had a chance to really get in any dyno runs.

I can say it pull very hard and the close ratio trans helps keep it in the sweet spot!!

I am going to see if I can get a guy with a high dollar SE honda engined bike to drag race it and see how they stack up.

Are you talking about mutinytatto's 124?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blackwoodz said:
Match it up against one of your ZHO motors with the 125 custom jug/pistons or even the 110 setups you have.
I drag tested an HO 110 against the SE and the 110 pulled one bike length on him consistantly and then we evened out on top speed .

So I will no dought compre this to that 110.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Matt how do the ports-chamber compare to a Lifan or Yx bvh? Would it be a upgrade? Sounds like this thing is made to rev hard.

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
The 54 x 54 bore x stroke configuration of this engines is the same as Kitaco 124SE

SE builds were dominant in 04-07 era in 50 base pit bike racing.

Still a potent combo in a 10" chassis.

Screaming SE motors would rev to the moon...

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
geezer said:
Matt how do the ports-chamber compare to a Lifan or Yx bvh? Would it be a upgrade? Sounds like this thing is made to rev hard.
The ports look to be the same as the the BVH, I will shoot some pics of more of it tomorrow.

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
Also interesting is 27/23 valve set with screw tappet covers.

All 27/23 China heads so far to my knowledge has 2 bolt tappet covers

and this is the first Square bore rear clutch 125

1 - 20 of 58 Posts