PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to verify a bored out kit is installed without pulling things apart? Going to be checking out a bike that’s claimed to have a 124 kit.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You can verify the cylinder markings for displacement, and you can check the stroke with a zip tie in the spark plug hole compared to a stock stroke. With a black cylinder I'm not sure which bore kit that is. On a side note, I realllyyyy need that shifter and the pipe if it's a Sano pipe, let me know if you would sell.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That IS a fat spacer. 6mm would turn a short cylinder into a tall(er)... 69mm. That would allow a 54mm piston and crank.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I took it home. It smokes my other TB88 equipped 50, like, doesn’t even compare - it just keeps pulling. Honestly, it’s more bike than I’m wanting at this point. There was a reason I sold off my higher displacement pits earlier this year, this confirms it. I’m going to give it some more thought over the next few days, but in this immediate moment my gut is telling me to flip it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That bike is beyond cool. Loaded with cool stuff. Unfortunately, 50's aren't worth a damn thing anymore. Especially whole.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a bummer that the 50 scene has essentially disappeared. The 110’s seem to be making their way as a refreshed scene. I have more fun on my 50 than the 110’s, that’s just me though.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
It's totally true that the 50 scene is fading away. I think it comes down to a few things, 1 you have to modify it as soon as you get it with at least a triple clamp, 2nd People that have raced 50s know that riding a 10 inch rear wheel fast is not easy, 3rd anyone and I mean just about anyone can get on a 110 and ride it fast relatively quickly. 4th 50s hands down are a lot harder on your body than a 110 unless your short lol. It's a bummer though it used to be all about how hard it was to ride a 50 fast which separated the real OG rider's that stuck with their 50s. Heck I still have mine and will never get rid of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts