PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to hang out with my buddy to see how is build was going and he says, "Dude, I got a problem".

He's got his TB oil cooler mounted like ours, right side up (the right way to have it :p ) and the +R head has no way to mount the lines to the head like the TB head has.

And getting longer lines to fit to the tak clutch cover would be perfect but would have to be custom made....blah.

So, I took his right side cover and Im going to make it so that it will accept the TB fittings....

IE, I'll make a new cover, not mod the current one as it is too thin to use for this.

Anyone else ever run into this problem?

Using rubber lines with hose clamps is NOT a option either,lol...it looks ugly.

Here's a pic of how our coolers are mounted....

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Z50King said:
oh, thats right side up? i guess mines upside down

just keep them coming from the head....

Well yeah, I mean... With it setting the other way, how do you know if your even using the other top rows?

Oil can flow throw the bottom and then right back out before even filling the cooler up for max cooling.

Liquid is liquid, it will find the fastest way out with the least amount of ristance.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aedwards07 said:
Shouldnt the oil cooler be turned around so it more like scoops up the air?Or is it mounted like that and its just a bad angle on the pic?

Some say yes, others say no...

I tried it the other way and it got plugged up with dirt and mud much faster.

G

·
Z50King said:
well the passages are pretty tight in there, and if you have a hv oil pump then the pressure fills up all the rows with the lines going in the bottom....

High pressure or not the best way to do it is like most modern radiators. Oil input at the top and oil return out the bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.