PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the 12" (or even 10") rim by "Pro Wheel"? I bought the 12" and can't tru the flat spot wobble out of it. Discovered today that the tire at one section of the rim doesn't seem to want to fully expand and stick to the rim (sits low on the rim) and adds to the flat spot.

Does anyone know how to fix this? or is it just a piece of crap rim? I'm seriously thinking of tossing it and buying from another manufacturer... maybe "Excel"? Are they the best?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought it (and a ton of other stuff) from Fast50's. Thought they'd be a company that would only carry quality products... guess I was wrong.

Are Excel Rims any good? Who has the best prices for a 12"?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
WRP aint much better. I got a 10" WRP rim and it to has a flat spot on it that I could never get trued out. The Pro Wheel 12" front was just as good as the WRP. They both have a slight flat spot to them but it doesnt realy bother me to much, only noticiable when riding down the road.

·
Registered
461 Posts
LogiKal said:
Excel or WRP

Sik50s sells WRP 12'' rims for 99$ I believe.

89.99 :wink:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I had to just give up and throw my rear pro wheel rim in the trash can , Im still using the 12" front piece of crud , ( wasnt quite as bad ) I'll be replacing that one ASAP as well ...... I dont undrstand why these are still being sold by good companys .... Not only are they almost impossible to true , very few tires will bead up on them .... They are just plain junk .... My new Pax (WRP) rear rim is really nice .... Trying to save a little bit has ended up costing me double .....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dakota569 said:
I had to just give up and throw my rear pro wheel rim in the trash can , Im still using the 12" front piece of crud , ( wasnt quite as bad ) I'll be replacing that one ASAP as well ...... I dont undrstand why these are still being sold by good companys .... Not only are they almost impossible to true , very few tires will bead up on them .... They are just plain junk .... My new Pax (WRP) rear rim is really nice .... Trying to save a little bit has ended up costing me double .....

I feel you, brotha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.