PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just found out that the 110l's have around the same top speed as the 110 reg. My 08 has a 33rear and a 14 front sprocket,,,,my 2010 110l has a 38rear and a 13 front, Would it be ok to put the 110l the same as my 2008? Would it run the same in gears 1 2 and 3,,then when i put it into 4th it would be a whole new gear???

I dont know really what im doing but i was thinking of putting a 14 in the front and a 35 or 36 tooth on the rear?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Kawasaki decided back in the day when the first generation KLX's came to the country for those bikes to not do over 35mphs ( or there abouts ) so out came the 4 speed drum and they used a 3 speed drum to limit your MPH.

Now that the new bike comes with a 4 speed drum, they still had the same issue with MPH, so they geared the bike short.

In short, yes you can put the taller gearing on your bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dood said:
Kawasaki decided back in the day when the first generation KLX's came to the country for those bikes to not do over 35mphs ( or there abouts ) so out came the 4 speed drum and they used a 3 speed drum to limit your MPH.

Now that the new bike comes with a 4 speed drum, they still had the same issue with MPH, so they geared the bike short.

In short, yes you can put the taller gearing on your bike.
What gearing would you say to start with?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
A circlip holds on the countershaft sprocket, that's it. Remove the circlip (and replace if necessary) and the 13t countershaft sprocket. Throw a 14t countershaft on there and try that.

14/38 is a pretty good combo to start with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cmktech said:
A circlip holds on the countershaft sprocket, that's it. Remove the circlip (and replace if necessary) and the 13t countershaft sprocket. Throw a 14t countershaft on there and try that.

14/38 is a pretty good combo to start with.
ya i think im going to like the 14t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts