PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could get your guys' recommendations on suspension for my 110. I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck, and also trying to stay under $500 (and plan on buying everything used). I'm 5'10"/210lbs and ride at Pro Source (indoor MX) in SE Michigan.

Here is what I was considering:

Option #1 is KX 60 forks w/stock swingarm and fox float shock. Will these forks make the bike sit higher in the front? Will the 110 wheel/brake bolt right up with these forks?

Option #2 is KX/Rm 65 forks with +? swingarm. I heard these are too long for stock swinger and need an extended swingarm. Which swingarm and shock do you guys recommend? I'm guessing the forks will cost $200, is there any good used swingarms and shocks I can pick up for $300? I do have access to a press and welder to switch the stems over.

Option #3....?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
350 Posts
If u have to stay under $500 i would pick up a used shock and swingarm. Then put damping rods and springs in your stock forks. I think that would be the best way to start out. Then u can upgrade ur forks later if u want. If u dont already have a triple clamp get a gullwing type one like redbarron or pro circuit that allows u to drop the forks down.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
have you been to pitbike night at prosource yet? if so i'm on the black monster stocker #108. i'd highly recomend checking out my setup. i've owned bbr perimiters with zokes, and my current setup works nearly as good. i've setup most of the faster pitbikes at prosource so pm me your name and phone number and i'm sure i can help.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Also the kx60 forks will bolt right up and are about 2 1/4" longer. The 65 forks are even better because u get front disc but they will not just bolt up and good luck finding under $450. Check out the classifieds here and ebay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2wheeltyson said:
have you been to pitbike night at prosource yet? if so i'm on the black monster stocker #108. i'd highly recomend checking out my setup. i've owned bbr perimiters with zokes, and my current setup works nearly as good. i've setup most of the faster pitbikes at prosource so pm me your name and phone number and i'm sure i can help.

Yeah...I think I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago. I'm buddies with Denny and Bill.

I thought about doing the damping rods, but they are about $100 (plus I would have to go to softer springs). I figured for a few extra bucks, I could get a used set of KX60 forks. In the end, what is a better set of forks?

For stiffening the kx 60 forks, can't you just add spacers to the springs to add some preload?

Any shock recommendations with 3+ swingarm

·
Registered
420 Posts
65 set-up.. 65 forks w. a stock swinger will make the bike raked out...

65 forks with a +3 Aframe, similar to stock w. any type of shock would be fine.. i run a float witch is mint..

or you could do a 65 front end with a MX style swinger but thats gonna probly run over 500 alone..

Right now im working on a 65 rear end on my bike.. looks sick, and has the long travel in it, i just need a HD spring for a 65 shock w.out the rezzi on it..

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
preload spacers wont do anything for the lack of springs and valving. when you add it up 60 forks = $100+ ,springs $100,oil $15 and thats without valving. for less than $150 you can have you stock forks work as good as 60 forks. if you know how to weld cut that price in half.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.