PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i have had my 110 stock mod for less than a year and ive cracked two swing arms already and i herd from some guy on here that u could use any swing arm as long as its the stock length is that true? and also what is the best clutch to use in thees bikes?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
From Minimotosx's website:

"The following items must remain “Bone Stock”: Engine cases, Engine head and cylinder (No AFTERMARKET aluminum heads allowed, no cylinder spacers allowed), carburetor (re-jetting is allowed. Choke must remain on carb), carburetor manifold, engine appearance (do not paint or coat cases), frame, swingarm, forks, wheels hubs (10” only front and rear), brakes, fuel tank. (Stock cylinder can be bored/ ONLY stock cylinders allowed!)"

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
What kind of shock do you have, how much do you weigh, what is your riding style (aggressive, smooth); basically do you beat the $h!t out of it?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well they cracked when i had my stock shock now i have an i-shock

i weight like 115

riding style is like smooth and aggressive

and i dont come up short :roll:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If you gusset it then it wouldn't be legal for the stock/mod class. Swinger must remain bone stock.

I don't gusset my swingarms. I just run them stock. I try to land and ride as smooth as I can with stock style suspension like that. Better on the bike and doesn't beat me up as much.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow for reals it gant even have gussets thats crazy

will it be legal for vegas if your cases are sand blasted? i read that they cant be coverd with any thing does that effect it?

·
Registered
609 Posts
mini rider 140 said:
wow for reals it gant even have gussets thats crazy

will it be legal for vegas if your cases are sand blasted? i read that they cant be coverd with any thing does that effect it?

Just the stock black paint.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Just joking I bet it wasthe stock shock . it has half the travel and 5 min into riding it is fadded and just bottoming

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
drz63 said:
how can a stock mod class tell you to run 10" wheels when they come with a 12" and 14"

It's a typo on their website. It's supposed to say 12" rear wheel.

They probably just copied and pasted what they said in the 10" stock/mod class and forgot to change it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
mini rider 140 said:
wow im confused lol what clutch should i use? (stock mod legal)

Here are the exact specifications for that class:

MM12 Stock/Mod-

This Class is for KLX/DRZ110, CRF70 and TT-R90 /110, Motorcycles Only. – Must be 18 years of age or older as of race date. The following items must remain “Bone Stock”: Engine cases, Engine head and cylinder (No AFTERMARKET aluminum heads allowed, no cylinder spacers allowed), carburetor (re-jetting is allowed. Choke must remain on carb), carburetor manifold, engine appearance (do not paint or coat cases), frame, swingarm, forks, wheels hubs (10” only front and rear), brakes, fuel tank. (Stock cylinder can be bored/ ONLY stock cylinders allowed!)

Bikes can be modified by changing or adding the following parts: Upper triple clamps, handlebars, grips, brake cable, throttle cable, kill-switch, throttle assembly, sprockets, graphics, tires, piston, rings, exhaust system, clutch springs and plates (clutch must remain fully automatic, NO manual clutches allowed) CDI box, air filter, fork springs, rear shock, chain, sprockets, foot pegs/mounts, skid plates, rims and spokes, shifter and brake lever, seat covers and foam, plastic (i.e.: fenders, shrouds, number plates can be replaced in color only- must have white backgrounds).

So to answer your question you have to stick with the stock clutch. No manual clutches.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts