PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they worth buying, im mostly going to be riding it on the streets? Would it be worth it?
Any info about ssr's will help.
Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are they worth buying, im mostly going to be riding it on the streets? Would it be worth it?
Any info about ssr's will help.
Thanks
I have one and would recommend it if you get one new or in good condition. Check the welds on the frame, these bikes are not quite as heavy duty a Honda frames. Parts availability is awesome, the 110dx (which I have) comes with front and rear disc brakes, you can get new pads for about 15 bucks online, I got ebc front pads for 30 bucks at a local part store. Tey are the same pad a zuma 50 uses. For street riding you can get a good 10" rear tire inexpensively, but tracking down a 12" front street tire is a little tougher. I have nothing but good things to say about mine. It's just as fast as most 125cc bikes, and is a little smaller and more fun. Wheelies all day long in second or third gear, is competitive at the track (I race indoor flat tracks on it). I made stunt pegs for mine and have had a shit load of fun. Everyone who rides it ends up buying a mini (4 friends so far). I have friends with 110s that I race with and they all like how mine handles better than theirs. All I have done is out heavier gear oil in the forks and adjusted the rear shock a bit.

It is a great bike for the money and I have no regrets with this purchase.

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
I have one and would recommend it if you get one new or in good condition. Check the welds on the frame, these bikes are not quite as heavy duty a Honda frames. Parts availability is awesome, the 110dx (which I have) comes with front and rear disc brakes, you can get new pads for about 15 bucks online, I got ebc front pads for 30 bucks at a local part store. Tey are the same pad a zuma 50 uses. For street riding you can get a good 10" rear tire inexpensively, but tracking down a 12" front street tire is a little tougher. I have nothing but good things to say about mine. It's just as fast as most 125cc bikes, and is a little smaller and more fun. Wheelies all day long in second or third gear, is competitive at the track (I race indoor flat tracks on it). I made stunt pegs for mine and have had a shit load of fun. Everyone who rides it ends up buying a mini (4 friends so far). I have friends with 110s that I race with and they all like how mine handles better than theirs. All I have done is out heavier gear oil in the forks and adjusted the rear shock a bit.

It is a great bike for the money and I have no regrets with this purchase.
[h=1]Shinko SR007 110/70-12
[TRC-0163][/h]

SHINKO SR007 TIRE 110/70-12
87-4213

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you need more boost a 125 top end bolts on and is reasonable. Extra CC's and bigger valves.
Hodaka Bob
County Line Cycles Grovertown, IN.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had mine SSR DX 110 for over a year, and I have had a great time with it on the trails and occasionally riding up and down the street....Definitely buy it from TBolt, if your gonna buy it new!..........Don't waist your time buying anything from Killermotorsports

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice idea. I decided a while back to keep my ssr as is (it's plenty for what I plan to do with it) and build a crf50 for the mini-motard series I race fall-spring. Is the power increase noticeable or quite minor?

Incoming tangent; Building my first 50 from a bare frame. Stuffing a 140cc motor, sdg extended swing arm, tall bars, 1/4 turn throttle, new forks with thicker gear oil, big spring on stock shock, street tires, the list goes on...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've also heard bad things about killer motorsports. Nothin but good things about Tbolt. I haven't bought anything from Tbolt YET but they have helped me out a lot and I currently have almost $700 in parts in my "shopping cart" that ill be buying for my crf build.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Although I have had a good experience with my SSR 110...I probably wouldn't fly off jumps with it.. Personally I will keep my air to a minimum...One of these days I would like to have a Piranha 140

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
[h=2]So you're looking for a pit bike?[/h] If you're not sure where to begin looking, keep the following information in mind as you browse this section.
If you're looking for a bike for yourself, and you've ever owned a full-size bike before, you most likely want to start in the Race Ready Pit Bike section. These are our high quality bikes that can really take a beating.
If you're looking for something to rip around the back yard and mob the neighborhood, or if you're looking for a bike for an inexperienced rider, or somebody who is just starting out, you may want to look around the Play Bike area. The bikes in this section are also quality bikes, but they generally as performance oriented, and aren't bikes we suggest launching off 40ft doubles.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So you're looking for a pit bike?

If you're not sure where to begin looking, keep the following information in mind as you browse this section.
If you're looking for a bike for yourself, and you've ever owned a full-size bike before, you most likely want to start in the Race Ready Pit Bike section. These are our high quality bikes that can really take a beating.
If you're looking for something to rip around the back yard and mob the neighborhood, or if you're looking for a bike for an inexperienced rider, or somebody who is just starting out, you may want to look around the Play Bike area. The bikes in this section are also quality bikes, but they generally as performance oriented, and aren't bikes we suggest launching off 40ft doubles.
Neither link worked when I clicked, but for anyone wanting to check it out:

TBolt pit bike page:
Pit Bikes - TBolt USA, LLC
Race Ready:
Pit Bikes - Race Ready - TBolt USA, LLC
Play Bike:
Pit Bikes - Play Bikes - TBolt USA, LLC

·
Registered
289 Posts
So you're looking for a pit bike?

If you're not sure where to begin looking, keep the following information in mind as you browse this section.
I learned my lesson with that! This was the jump.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i must say,, the ssr really surprised me. my wife has a 110, i think its the basic one. but we still wheelie it all day long and give it hell in the dirt. very impressed, which is why im buying an ssr 125 this friday.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My ssr110 was keeping up with and beating 125s and a couple klx110s with stock motors last week, and all I have done to mine is add pt bars and a street rear tire. This week I added a street front tire and bigger front brake rotor with new pads.

The ssr125 disappointed me a lot. Hard to get the front tire up, it's no faster than my 110 in a drag race and only has about 2mph higher top speed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts