PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a stock rear tire and trying to race my klx 110 but I keep ripping the valve stem. Any tips? Do I need a bigger or wider rim, would a bead lock stop this?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rim lock and run higher tire pressure. Some people can get away with just running higher pressure and some people like myself run higher pressure and rear lock and still manage to pop the tube....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rim lock and run higher tire pressure. Some people can get away with just running higher pressure and some people like myself run higher pressure and rear lock and still manage to pop the tube....
What would you run in the rear for pressure. Just curious. I probably only had about 14-16 pounds in it before

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
What would you run in the rear for pressure. Just curious. I probably only had about 14-16 pounds in it before
Pressure seems about right, I run a little less. Your problem is most definitely not having a rim lock installed. You need a 1.60 rim lock. I prefer the Motion Pro Liteloc but they may still be backordered as they received a bad batch recently. Also, don't overtighten the rim lock, just snug it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I got a stock rear tire and trying to race my klx 110 but I keep ripping the valve stem. Any tips? Do I need a bigger or wider rim, would a bead lock stop this?
If you still have issues after installing the rim lock you can also glue the tire on the rim but it will make it a pain to change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts