PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from running my bikes on the dyno and my 110 made 14hp and 15.3 ft.lbs of torque.I just wanted to get a baseline before I start doing any work to see if I can gain some power.

MODS.

138+R SUPERHEAD

PITBOSS 55mm crank

mikuni vm 26

bbr d section

I'm not sure what ignition is on it.

This is just how I bought the bike no real fine tuning yet .Once I get the head done and some fine tuning I'll get the results up here to see if I helped it or hurt it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
What do you plan to do? Port the head, or just slap on a bigger bore?

And did you get this time an RPM reading and/or a pic of the graph?

It sounds like a nice set-up, so I'm interested to see how smooth it is. It might be something for my KSR for the streets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm going to port the head ,maybe try another pipe and get the jetting dialed in exact.I'll get the graphs off the dyno computer next time I get over to my buddys shop this week and post it up for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
steve711 said:
Here's one back in 2005 .

138cc stroked ,OEM ported head ,OS valves,crower cam,26 mm carb.


What dyno was it on if you remember.My buddy that did mine told me that dyno jet dynos over rate the hp 10% more than most others.Mine was done on an almost new Super Flo dyno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,659 Posts
Every dyno is different. I've seen the same bike on the same day on 2 different dyno's and the results where dramatic.



Just remember what happens on a dyno doesn't happen out in the real world.

You can tune the crap out of your engine on the dyno but then you will find it runs like crap once you actually ride the bike.



It's all about testing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
50WHIP said:
I just got back from running my bikes on the dyno and my 110 made 14hp and 15.3 ft.lbs of torque.I just wanted to get a baseline before I start doing any work to see if I can gain some power.

MODS.

138+R SUPERHEAD

PITBOSS 55mm crank

mikuni vm 26

bbr d section

I'm not sure what ignition is on it.

This is just how I bought the bike no real fine tuning yet .Once I get the head done and some fine tuning I'll get the results up here to see if I helped it or hurt it.


I think you have wrong torque no.,never see a mod 110 with 15.3ft.lbs !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,244 Posts
dood said:
Every dyno is different. I've seen the same bike on the same day on 2 different dyno's and the results where dramatic.



Just remember what happens on a dyno doesn't happen out in the real world.

You can tune the crap out of your engine on the dyno but then you will find it runs like crap once you actually ride the bike.



It's all about testing...


xx2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
dood said:
Every dyno is different. I've seen the same bike on the same day on 2 different dyno's and the results where dramatic.



Just remember what happens on a dyno doesn't happen out in the real world.

You can tune the crap out of your engine on the dyno but then you will find it runs like crap once you actually ride the bike.



It's all about testing...


Good point Mike ! ,

Some peoples think DYNO gives HP....Remember ,always tested on same dyno and started with a stock one for baseline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
50WHIP said:
What dyno was it on if you remember.My buddy that did mine told me that dyno jet dynos over rate the hp 10% more than most others.Mine was done on an almost new Super Flo dyno.


Every Dyno are different , same brand included but every Dyno can be set and adjust independently. A stock KLX have around 5.5-6HP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,659 Posts
steve711 said:
Good point Mike ! ,

Some peoples think DYNO gives HP....Remember ,always tested on same dyno and started with a stock one for baseline.






Dude. I'm totally sorry. I was suppose to get you those crank angle numbers.

I will get those to you tomorrow.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top