PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
I checked on this set up a while back with Classic, and if am not mistaken it wasnt but a hundred or so dollars cheaper than the 117SE kit. CamMcLean can probably verify this question better than me. But this should get you in the "ballpark"

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i would prefer a site in english, reading it would help, but i have an 88 kitaco cylinder, if i could use that with it, it would probably be cheeper

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
If you need a good website in English here in the USA to find out technical information, you are out of luck. You'll have to call your favorite vendor.

However, the website I provided above gives you Kitaco part numbers if you wish to upgrade to another kit. Use a translation program like babelfish and it's easy as pie.

The only thing you would reuse on a kitaco 88cc kit switching to the Kitaco 88SE or 108SE would be the cylinder. Everything else would be different, and I doubt you'd save all that much.

·
Registered
446 Posts
z88R said:
The only thing you would reuse on a kitaco 88cc kit switching to the Kitaco 88SE or 108SE would be the cylinder. Everything else would be different, and I doubt you'd save all that much.

Z why would you have to change the head? Is it different on an 88se than on a 108se?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
You misunderstood my information. The 88SE, 108SE and 117SE and 124SE all use the same head. He was asking what he needed with just an 88cc Kitaco kit with a stock head, or ultrahead.

The 88SE and 108SE use the same cylinder and head, and the 108SE has the same stroker crank as the 108 Ultrahead setup. In fact, Kitaco uses the same stroker crank (51mm) in all of their Big displacement kits.

Use the link I provided above, and it gives the various combinations on what is needed to upgrade from one to the other. While you may not read Japanese, it gives the Kitaco part numbers that will be useful when you call your dealer.

The downside is you are going to pay out the nose whatever direction you go, as the head is extremely pricey, but from the sounds of it, one of the best pieces made for the market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.