PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently acquired a 2007 crf70f with intentions of getting into stunting. It's a bit of a craze locally and I played around on some 50's before finding this crf70 for sale..... local guys said I should get into a 10" wheel conversion but everytime I find someone that's done this they don't talk about what effect it has on the bike/gearing.

I'm looking to hear what others have experienced in a 10" wheel swap, especially if it's in respect to stunts/wheelies/tricks..... on paper, a 10" wheel with a 3.0x10 tire is 20% smaller in overall tire diameter than the stock wheel with a 3.0x12" wheel.

What I haven't found yet, is an answer as to what this does to the way the bike delivers power.....does this make it accelerate faster/make the throttle more touchy? or does this make it accelerate slower, causing it to take more revs to increase speed?

I've already spent some time practicing wheelies and carrying them for some distance.....compared to a 50 on 10" wheel/tires it seems to currently rev easier...which makes it harder to modulate throttle to carry the wheelie for distance. Trying to find out if the 10" wheel/tire on the crf70 is going to make this difference better or worse than it already is....as I'm thinking I can play with sprocket tooth count to compensate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for what it's worth, the swap to the 10" crf50 wheel made the bike a total DOG. I went one tooth down on the front sprocket (50 rear is a 36 tooth and crf70 is 37 tooth rear).....it's exactly what I was looking for now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another note. A friend just purchased a pitsterpro second hand, appears the pitsterpro forks are same diameter tubes and since the leg design is different and meant for 50 parts...the pitsterpro forks would bolt in to crf70 tripletrees and allow use of a 10" crf50 front wheel setup....the forks are about an inch or so shorter than stock crf70 and have a centered axle instead of a leading axle. Food for thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.