PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 08 x4 and Im not to fond of the 4 up shifting pattern. Is there a kit, or mod I can do to make it 1 down 3 up? thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
10,561 Posts
well im going to suggest you try to get used to it, most of the pit bikers will agree 4 up is the way to go

R+D back in 05 on Pitsters 125cc proved the 1dn 3up needed to go in favor of 4up due to the dreaded neutral drop on down shifting from third or second

there is just not enough room on the shifting mech do do it properly

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had a 1 d 3 up Jialing a few years ago and then picked up a Pitster with the gpx 4 up. I HATED it at first, but after getting used to it I couldn't imagine going back to the Jialing. Give it some time and you will get more accustomed to it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
can i ask why u dont like it? i just want to here opinions...any problems you have or something about it you dont like? for pit bike engines, ive had trouble with the 1 down 3 up shifting, actually not the shifting itselt just nuetral, its a pain in the a$$ gettin my sdg 107 motor to get into nuetral better luck clicking down than up and with the motor off not running haha, been like that since i got it off my buddy...

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
they made it that way for a reason, so you dont get a false neutral sitting there for 10 minutes trying to get it out of gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 2 other bikes besides the pitster pro. A 07 rmz450 and 06 rm 250. I ride them alot, and it is alot harder to get used to after riding those. I really havn't gave it a chance yet, so Ill ride it more and see how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts