PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bike runs great when you first start it, when its hot it doesnt want to start like it has no compression . the kid i got it from let the engine fill full of water in a rain storm and had used car engine oil . . flushed it out changed the oil 4 times after short running periods . do the clutches have anything to do with starting and should i change the clutch plates (they seem to grab ok when its first started then the restart problem happens

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok did the valves the exhaust was a little tight but still no start after the engine is warm the fly wheel wont turn so obviously the piston isnt moving could it be the clutches or the kicker gear ??

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Yes,, the clutch plates need replaced,, on that style of engine when it is cold the plates are "stuck" together , and once started they free up, then when you kick it and they slip,, no starting.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys i did a check on the clutch adjustment it was way off im thinking plates do need replacment since car oil was used at one time and the engine has been fullllll of water

1 - 6 of 6 Posts