PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
That is so f-ing stupid. I wish these politicians would find somthing better to do with their time (and our tax dollars) than to write these stupid legislation laws.

Moto-X bikes are noisey. So what, that's why they aren't rode on the street.

One of the reasons I had to move my bikes was an old lady who said "she can hear them", and yet, day after day, Harleys pass and I dont see her running out of the house to chase them down...

Howz about they start worrying about lowering gas prices and creating a better economy. But I guess that is too much to ask..

Sorry, had to rant.

·
Registered
491 Posts
theres like a 5 page debate about this on a candian forum i talk on too :roll:

but i think it stupid 250f doesn;t produce enough exhaust for that to not be a waste. the 4-strokes r so heavy already y would they do this when they really don;t need any more power gains (or there beter ways to get power) then adding all that weight. and there are more ways to get the 4 strokes quieter every exhaust company has a line of 4 stroke quiet exhausts. and now if u look at the title on the web site that its form is say "fact or fiction" so u don;t even know if it real.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll make my own dual exhaust if I want too :) although I think it looks pretty cool, as far as extra weight goes I bet it would be not much more then what is already on the bikes with a single setup.

Jon

G

·
My take on this is that if Honda was testing this then we wouldn't know they were. I don't think Honda would do that. There is no potential benifit from it. Someone decided to see what would happen and I think that is it. Even in the artical they ask the question "is Honda testing". How did you get that they are testing to meet sound rules? My vote is no.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Its real, its all over TT, not to sound ignorant. But I have heard it from someone that is working with Honda. They ARE making it to meet sound rules but its a big maybe right now. I think its G-A-Y. So if they did that instead of the White Brothers carbon pro being $750 it'll be somewhere around $2000! :evil: Im glad I got the 04! 8) :D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
LOL, Not you, just the entire CRF50x thing ..

I can almost garentee you Honda isnt going to make a race ready CRF50. They make enough $ off the CRF50 as it is, and the only reason they make it is to get little kids to enjoy riding so they can get a bigger bike when they're ready.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You'd be suprised Bryce...

·
Registered
279 Posts
LogiKal said:
LOL, Not you, just the entire CRF50x thing ..

I can almost garentee you Honda isnt going to make a race ready CRF50. They make enough $ off the CRF50 as it is, and the only reason they make it is to get little kids to enjoy riding so they can get a bigger bike when they're ready.

i agree completly... i know a guy that owns a honda dealership and the crf50's have the lowest profit magin (percentage wise). he also said that they are just to build intrest in the younger kids so they will beg their parents to buy them a bigger one(they make more profit from the big ones) when they get older

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Its amazingly the #1 selling bike also.

G

·
Not only is it the number 1 selling off road bike. It is the number one selling machine (quads, dirt bikes, etc.) 8O . Lets not get into this crf50x thing though. Last time it turned out being an arguement from a misunderstanding. Yes, 50s make dealerships little to no money. I posted that in a previous post. Last year my dad (owner of Harley-Davidson Honda of Salina) was not even making $40 on each XR50 sell. I can't see this one into two pipe thing being true. I can't even see the crf50x being true. It would be cool, but it is not practicle yet. Only time will tell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.