PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 KLX 110 and it wouldn’t go into gear, or shift at all. Just acted like it was in neutral.

Tore the clutch cover off and found the “spider gear” washer was a little loose and that shift arm wasn’t catching the pins when shifting.

Put it all back together per the service manual, and now it shifts thru all gears but acts like it’s in neutral until 4th gear. it doesn’t spin the tire until 4th. (I have 4th gear shift drum installed).

Kick start works fine so I don’t think it’s the output shaft?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anybody have any ideas why this would happen? Shift fork bent maybe?
I think your only option is to split the case. It could be a bent fork but I don’t think it is. There are only two forks in the transmission, so I would think if you have a 4 speed drum in there that two of the gears would work, not just one. And I agree with you about the primary gear shaft, When mine broke I couldn’t kick start it. So if you can kick it over, it’s probably ok. Is the bolt that holds the shift drum on tight to spec? If that shift drum was loose at all, it would move around and the forks might not seat properly in their grooves, yet the shift star would still click making you think the gears were in the right place. I think the easiest thing to do is check that bolt in the shift drum is tight, if that doesn’t fix it, then you’re going to have to split the casing to diagnose. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Just had one that would not go into 3rd gear. 1,2, and then to N. Took it back apart and tried the OEM shift drum, same thing. Replaced the shift forks and the rods that hold them, and BAM, shifts like butter. Not saying that is your issue, but it definitely could be. And there was nothing visually wrong with the shift fork.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys. I’m assuming it’s in the shift forks and not the shift drum or output shaft...

However it seems to change how it acts when adjusting the clutch, any weird chance it could a bad clutch doing this?

Hoping to dig into it more this next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts